Why you should NOT link
to an affiliate site
Author: Harvey Segal
When you act as an affiliate or agent for another company, which
means that you receive commission for getting customer orders to
the company,you will often be provided with your own personalised
So does this mean that in your ads you can simply refer to that
It does - but here's a better idea.
You should link instead to a page on your OWN
site so that
- You can provide your own introduction to the product. This can
- additional detail not available in the advert
- your own personal experience
- a review of the benefits
- You can provide links to your own particular business
- Your own site traffic statistics will indicate the response to
your ad in addition to any stats provided for you by the
- You can submit the page to search engines.
And there's one final advantage: should the affiliate operation be
discontinued you can inform and divert visitors at your own web
site, rather than have them visit a non-existent page.
Don't miss Harvey's FREE book
Guru Magic: the Internet marketing book with a UNIQUE twist
And there's more great articles, ideas and tips at the SuperTips
You are welcome to reprint
this article as long as you include the credits at the end.